Transportation and Infrastructure:
- Congressman Mooney voted in favor the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act of 2015 which reauthorized the federal highway program for five years. This was accomplished without raising the federal gas tax. The bill included $205 billion dollars for highway projects and $48 billion for transit projects.
- Under the bill, West Virginia will receive $2.6 billion over the next five years for road projects. This funding is crucial to fix West Virginia’s crumbling infrastructure and to support ongoing projects like Corridor H and to widen Route 35.
- Congressman Mooney is working to ensure that West Virginia’s railroads are safe and reliable. He cosponsored H.R. 3652, the Positive Train Control Enforcement and Implementation Act that will ensure that new technology is applied to freight railcars to ensure that communities surrounding train tracks are protected.
- Congressman Mooney is cosponsor of H.R. 1062, the Pilots Bill of Rights, which will ensure that general aviation pilots are able to keep their licenses without needless bureaucratic regulations getting in the way.
- Congressman Mooney has fought for robust funding for the small watershed program which is crucial to protecting small communities from devastating floods.
For more information concerning work and views related to Transportation, please contact our office.
More on Transportation
Congressman Mooney Welcomes More than $4M For Infrastructure Projects
Washington, D.C. – Today, Representative Alex X. Mooney (WV-2) welcomed $4,244,361.00 in funding from the Community Development Block Grant Program to critical infrastructure projects in the Second Congressional District. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development provides Community Development Block Grant funds to the state. Rep. Mooney supported this funding in the House of Representatives.
Congressman Mooney Praises Funding for Yeager Airport
Washington, DC – Congressman Alex Mooney released the follow statements in response to Yeager Airport receiving over $13 million in U.S. Department of Transportation grant funding for runway safety improvements:
WASHINGTON D.C. –Today, Congressman Alex X. Mooney released the following statement in response to President Donald Trump’s first address to Congress.
“Tonight, President Trump laid out an optimistic agenda that will change America for the better. I am pleased that President Trump is keeping the promises he made to voters in November. I look forward to continuing to work with President Trump to bring back jobs to communities that have been devastated by the past eight years of former President Obama,” said Rep. Alex Mooney.
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Yesterday evening, Congressman Alex X. Mooney hosted a telephone town hall meeting with XXX constituents from the Second Congressional District.
“Telephone town hall meetings allow me to hear input and answer questions from constituents in all 17 counties, from Harpers Ferry to Hurricane, spanning 343 miles across West Virginia. I appreciate hearing the passion and views from my constituents during our productive issue based discussions.
WASHINGTON D.C. – Republican Congressman Alex X. Mooney (WV-2) released the following statement about the inauguration of President Donald J. Trump:
WASHINGTON D.C. – Today, Congressman Alex X. Mooney voted for H.R. 22, the Surface Transportation Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2015. This bill authorizes the federal highway program for six years.
“This bill is important to economic development in West Virginia. A safe and modern highway system will help facilitate jobs and economic growth. Authorizing the highway program for six years will enable West Virginia to properly plan for needed upgrades to our roads and bridges,” said Rep. Mooney.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) and Rep. Alex Mooney (R-WV.) recently introduced The Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act, a bill to remove statutory burdens on law-abiding gun owners and improve the legal firearm purchase process for active-duty military and law-abiding U.S. citizens.