As a Christian and a conservative, Congressman Alex Mooney believes in defending the traditional moral values our country was built on.
- Congressman Mooney introduced the Life at Conception Act (H.R.431), which legally recognizes and protects the lives of the unborn under the 14th Amendment. This is the strongest pro-life bill introduced in the 118th Congress.
- Congressman Mooney is adamant that taxpayers should not pay for abortions. He has cosponsored the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act (H.R. 7), which ensures that tax dollars do not pay for abortions and requires the Affordable Care Act to offer insurance plans that do not cover abortion procedures.
- After learning of the horrific practices of Planned Parenthood, Congressman Mooney cosponsored the Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2015 (H.R. 3134), which prohibits federal funding for Planned Parenthood for one year until a full Congressional investigation into their practices can be completed. This bill passed the full House by a vote of 241-187. He also cosponsored the End Trafficking of the Terminated Unborn Act (H.R. 3215), which would ban the sale of fetal tissue for profit.
- In the 117th Congress, Congressman Mooney introduced the Protecting Life in Health Savings Accounts Act (H.R.6471). This bill would end the preferential tax treatment of abortion by prohibiting the life-taking procedure from being counted as an eligible medical expense for health savings accounts (HSAs), flexible savings accounts (FSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), and Archer medical savings accounts (MSAs).
Protecting Our Children:
Liberals are promoting transgenderism and LGBTQ ideologies in schools across the country. Many children are pressured into undergoing irreversible transgender surgeries or hormonal treatments to appear as a different gender. To protect our children from indoctrination, Congressman Mooney cosponsored the following bills:
- The Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act (H.R. 734) blocks recipients of federal funds from allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports. House Republicans passed this bill with Congressman Mooney’s support.
- The Protecting Children from Experimentation Act (H.R. 3328) prohibits doctors from performing gender reassignment operations on minors.
- The End Taxpayer Funding of Gender Experimentation Act (H.R. 3329) protects children and the conscience of taxpayers by prohibiting federal funding of gender reassignment surgeries and treatments.
Defending Traditional Moral Values:
President Joe Biden has permitted pride flags to be flown alongside the American flag on federal buildings across our country. This is incredibly disrespectful to the brave men and women who have served under the American flag. To defend our flag, Congressman Mooney cosponsored H.R. 4196, which would block the Biden Administration from displaying the pride flag alongside the American flag on federal properties.
- Congressman Mooney introduced the bipartisan H.Res. 514-Protecting Religious Freedom in America. This resolution protects all Americans’ right to act in accordance with their sincerely held religious beliefs. Furthermore, it condemns any action by federal, state, or local governments that attempt to abridge that right.
- This resolution was supported by the Family Research Council, the American Center for Law and Justice, and the Liberty Institute.
- Congressman Mooney also fights for religious freedom abroad. He cosponsored H.Con.Res.75, a resolution that expresses the sense of Congress that atrocities against Christians and other religious minorities for ethnic or religious reasons should be considered war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.
- Congressman Mooney cosponsored the First Amendment Defense Act (H.R. 2802), which would keep the federal government from discriminating against anyone who believes or acts in accordance with the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.
For more information concerning work and views related to Family Values, please contact our office.