- Congressman Mooney introduced H.R.816, the Life at Conception Act, which will undo the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision and define that life does indeed begin at the moment of conception. The Life at Conception Act currently has 134 bipartisan cosponsors. This legislation is critically important since in the infamous Roe v. Wade decision, the court ruled that life had not been defined, it could not protect it under the 14th amendment.
- Congressman Mooney is adamant that taxpayers should not pay for abortions. He has cosponsored H.R. 7, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Full Disclosure Act of 2015 which ensures that tax dollars do not pay for abortions and requires the Affordable Care Act to offer insurance plans that do not cover abortion procedures. That bill passed the House by a bipartisan vote of 242-179.
- After learning of the horrific practices of Planned Parenthood, Congressman Mooney cosponsored H.R. 3134, the Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2015 which prohibits federal funding for Planned Parenthood for one year until a full Congressional investigation into their practices can be completed. This bill passed the full House by a vote of 241-187. He also cosponsored the End Trafficking of the Terminated Unborn Act (H.R. 3215) which would ban the sale of fetal tissue for profit.
- Congressman Mooney introduced the bipartisan H.Res. 514-Protecting Religious Freedom in America. This resolution protects all Americans’ right to act in accordance with their sincerely held religious beliefs. Furthermore, it condemns any action by federal, state, or local governments that attempt to abridge that right.
- This resolution is supported by the Family Research Council, the American Center for Law and Justice, and the Liberty Institute.
- Congressman Mooney also fights for religious freedom abroad. He is a cosponsor of H.Con.Res.75, a resolution that expresses the sense of Congress that atrocities against Christians, Yazidis, Kurds and other religious minorities for ethnic or religious reasons should be considered war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.
- Congressman Mooney is a cosponsor of the First Amendment Defense Act, H.R. 2802, which would keep the federal government from discriminating against anyone who believes or acts in accordance with the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.
- Congressman Mooney is a cosponsor of H.R. 1882- Hearing Aid Assistance Tax Credit Act.
- Congressman Mooney is a cosponsor of the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act. This bill would keep Social Security benefits from being taxed twice, keeping more money in our seniors’ pockets.
- The Congressman also signed a letter to protect Medicare Advantage from cuts by the Obama Administration.
For more information concerning work and views related to Family Values, please contact our office.