In 2017, Congressman Mooney voted for President Trump’s historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. When this bill was signed into law, it created record jobs and prosperity for working families by:
- Cutting taxes for individuals and businesses
- Doubling the standard deduction for all taxpayers, meaning that a couple’s first $24,000 of annual income will be tax free.
- Simplifying our tax codes
In contrast, the Biden Administration has crippled the economy by raising taxes, expanding federal bureaucracy, and spending trillions of dollars we don’t have. Liberal Democrats and President Biden enacted their radical tax and spend agenda with the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act.” This liberal plan raised taxes on West Virginia coal mining operations, funded 87,000 new IRS agents to audit lower-and middle-class families, and enacted Biden’s liberal climate agenda. This bill funds a massive expansion of the federal government through massive tax hikes on West Virginia families and businesses.
Here are just a few bills Congressman Mooney has supported to empower American taxpayers and oppose Biden’s left-wing agenda:
- The TCJA Permanency Act (H.R. 976) – a bill Congressman Mooney cosponsored to make President Trump’s tax cuts permanent.
- The Limit, Save, Grow Act (H.R. 2811) – this bill would repeal funding for Biden’s 87,000 IRS agents, reduce the federal deficit by $4.8 trillion, and promote growth through fiscally sound energy and economic policies.
- The Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act (H.R. 3206) – this bill exempts Social Security benefits from taxation. Seniors are currently required to list their Social Security benefits as taxable income despite having already paid taxes on their Social Security contributions through the payroll tax. H.R. 3206 would eliminate this unjust double taxation and provide West Virginia seniors with much needed tax relief.
For more information concerning work and views related to Tax Reform, please contact our office.